Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
Your cart is empty.
Sign up to receive our bimonthly e-newsletter.
- Carol Vogel May Have Plagiarized David Foster Wallace's Times Obituary
- The 2014 ARTnews 200 Top Collectors
- 'An Angel That Sits Upon Our Shoulders': Nick Cave Reflects on the Loss of Gallerist Claude Simard
- Ruben Ochoa's Concrete Poetry
- Liu Yiqian Waves Off Tea Controversy, Says $36.3 Million Cup 'Isn’t... Appropriate for the Masses'