Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
- Outsider Art Fair Moves to New Locations in Paris and New York
- How Are Art Fairs Doing This Year?
- Gagosian No Longer Represents Rauschenberg Foundation
- Giacometti's 'L'homme Au Doigt,' Coming to Auction for the First Time, Could Become Most Expensive Sculpture Ever
- At Dallas Art Week, a $2.2 M. Benefit Auction, a $2.5 M. Car, and 'Spending Money Like Drunken Sailors'