Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
Recent 200 Top Collectors
- Glenstone Museum to Open 204,000-Square-Foot Expansion in October
- Ella Fontanals-Cisneros Will Donate Works to Spanish State, Establish Museum for Latin American Art in Madrid
- Collector Roman Abramovich Listed in U.S. Treasury's 'Kremlin Report'
- Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros Donates 202 Works to Six Museums
- Regrets, They've Had a Few: Top 200 Collectors Reflect on the Ones That Got Away