Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
Recent 200 Top Collectors
- Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen Taps Minneapolis-Based Curator To Head New Arts Center in Seattle
- How Has the 200 Top Collectors List Changed Over the Past 25 Years?
- Editor's Letter: ARTnews Summer 2015, Original Cover by Will Cotton
- Both a Buyer and Lender Be: Eli Broad on His Personal Collection and New Museum
- It Takes One to Know One: Why Artists Make Ideal Collectors