With invented provenances, unreliable certificates of authenticity, and “rediscovered” works by artists who are lost to history, forgers are flooding galleries and auction houses with Russian avant-garde fakes. A six-month ARTnews investigation reveals that inauthentic works now outnumber authentic ones. Read More
- Christie's Also Served a Ridiculous Amount of Coffee Last Week
- Just How Big Were This Week's Contemporary Art Auctions?
- Price Check: Frieze New York 2015
- Phillips Closes Spring Auctions With Fainting Spell and Respectable $97.1 M. Contemporary Sale
- Mondrian Sells for $50.6 M., a New Record, at Christie's $202.6 M. Impressionist-Modern Sale