Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
- Galerie Perrotin Now Represents the Estate of Hans Hartung
- Early Schiele Painting, Estimated at $30 M. to $40 M. by Sotheby's, Could Shatter Artist's Auction Record
- LAXART Founder Lauri Firstenberg and Artist Anthony James to Open Art Production Hub in East Hollywood
- Christie's to Offer Brancusi Bronze at May Imp-Mod Evening Sale That Could Sell for $30 M.
- Sotheby's, Phillips Reveal Top Lots for May Postwar and Contemporary Sales in New York