Summer Preview: The Most Promising Museum Shows and Biennials Around the World
‘Making a Mark and Not Trying to Express Something’: David Shrigley on Drawing, Theresa May, and Electric Guitars
‘Their Work Cannot Be Taken at Face Value’: Massimiliano Gioni on Curating a Duchamp/Koons Blockbuster for Museo Jumex
ARTnews on Facebook
- From the Archives: A Personal Remembrance of Picasso, in 1942
- 'Everything She Takes Becomes Hers': A Look Back at Faith Ringgold's 'Compelling, Singular Vision'
- Then and Now: Lee Krasner's Land of Her Own Invention
- From the Archives: Peter Paul Rubens's 'New, Radiant, and Fresh' Style, in 1936
- 'A Visual Poet of the Highest Order': What ARTnews's Critics Said About Martin Puryear
- Squeeze It Like an Orange: Passionate Painter Huguette Caland Shines at Tate St. Ives
- Muses: Animal Collective's Avey Tare on Amusement Parks, Austrian Illustration, and 'Rocky & Bullwinkle'
- Only Connect: Ruth Root Brings Her Delirious, History-Rich Paintings to Pittsburgh
- 'The Curious Types': Charles Green Shaw's 'Bohemian Dinner' Paints a Vivid Picture of a New York All-Nighter
- 'Their Work Cannot Be Taken at Face Value': Massimiliano Gioni on Curating a Duchamp/Koons Blockbuster for Museo Jumex