LONDON—An Old Master painting that sold at auction for £39,000 ($80,000) less than four years ago, recently sold for £750,000 ($1.2 million) after having been altered by contemporary artists Jake and Dinos Chapman and included in their latest exhibition at White Cube gallery, London. Read More
- Christie's Also Served a Ridiculous Amount of Coffee Last Week
- Just How Big Were This Week's Contemporary Art Auctions?
- Price Check: Frieze New York 2015
- Phillips Closes Spring Auctions With Fainting Spell and Respectable $97.1 M. Contemporary Sale
- Mondrian Sells for $50.6 M., a New Record, at Christie's $202.6 M. Impressionist-Modern Sale