It has been a wild week in London, with openings, parties, and fairs taking place all over town, but it is now just about over. Frieze London and Masters closed yesterday, a day earlier than in past years, and their satellite fairs will close by the end of today. If they haven’t already, fair goers are heading home. A lot happened. Below, ARTnews‘ complete coverage of the action.
– Here’s a 44-photo tour of the fair.
– A listing of sales, and prices.
– Carlos/Ishikawa opened a nail salon.
– Hauser & Wirth’s had hanging shoes and a sleeping guard.
– Two Franz Erhard Walters were being used, and were on sale.
– Andy Kaufman was remembered and reperformed.
– Gavin Brown discussed his new New York gallery.
– James Lee Byars hat wearers roamed the aisles.
– Cory Arcangel and Ryan Gander displayed works in the Tube.
– Double flashback: a slide show preview.
– Kerry James Marshall has a stunner at David Zwirner.
– At White Cube, a secrets-filled David Hammons show.
– Trecartin and Fitch’s open at the Zabludowicz Collection.
– Don’t sleep on Lawrence Weiner at South London Gallery.
– And don’t miss Glenn Ligon at Camden Arts Centre.
– Beyoncé paid a visit to Marshall’s show!