With a first edition of Condo New York currently underway in Manhattan, where 16 galleries have turned over part or all of their space to 20 international galleries, Germany will soon get its own co-op program: Okey Dokey. Started by Ginerva Gambino, Jan Kaps, and Max Mayer, the project launches this September and will take across nine spaces in Cologne and Düsseldorf.
So far, 17 out-of-town galleries are expected to participate in a setup similar to Condo, which has met with favorable reactions in New York and its home city of London. Below is a list of the galleries that are expected to participate in Okey Dokey, which opens September 8 and runs through September 30.
- Delmes & Zander (Cologne) hosts Neue Alte Brücke (Berlin) and Galerie 1900-2000 (Paris)
- Lucas Hirsch (Düsseldorf) hosts Stereo (Warsaw) and Lomex (New York)
- Max Mayer (Düsseldorf) hosts Arcadia Missa (London), Miguel Abreu Gallery (New York), and Misako & Rosen (Tokyo)
- Drei (Cologne) hosts Kirchgasse (Steckborn, Switzerland), Lulu (Mexico City), and Park View (Los Angeles)
- Jan Kaps (Cologne) hosts Weiss Falk (Basel), Edouard Montassut (Paris), and Sax Publishers (Vienna)
- Studio for Propositional Cinema (Düsseldorf) hosts Barbara Rüdiger with Anna Sophie-Berger
- Ginerva Gambino (Cologne) hosts Ermes Ermes (Vienna and Rome), Sandy Brown (Berlin), and Truth and Consequences (Geneva)
- Linden (Düsseldorf), host galleries TBD
- Rob Tufnell (Cologne) hosts Tanya Leighton (Berlin)