The art season has barely begun, but fairs are already getting ready to open up, hoping to lure dealers and collectors from far-flung cities to make business happen in convention halls and tents. The very first major fair out of the gate in the United States is Expo Chicago, which will mount its third edition this year. It runs September 19–21 on the city’s Navy Pier, with a VIP opening on September 18. Below, a preview of some of the art that will be on offer at the Expo, which has some 140 participating galleries.
To scroll between images, please use the arrow keys.
ALL IMAGES COURTESY EXPO CHICAGO. ADDITIONAL CREDITS FOLLOW BELOW:
2. COURTESY THE ARTIST AND GALERIE THOMAS SCHULTE, BERLIN
7. COURTESY THE ARTIST AND P.P.O.W. GALLERY, NEW YORK
8. OSCEOLA REFETOFF
10. COURTESY KAVI GUPTA, CHICAGO AND BERLIN
11. ©MANOLO VALDÉS/COURTESY MARLBOROUGH GALLERY, NEW YORK
14. COURTESY THE ARTIST AND GALERIE ISABELLA BORTOLOZZI, BERLIN
20. EVAN BEDFORD/COURTESY THE ARTIST AND CARRIE SECRIST GALLERY, CHICAGO
24. ©TONY CRAGG/COURTESY LISSON GALLERY, LONDON
25. JOSHUA WHITE/COURTESY HONOR FRASER GALLERY, LOS ANGELES