The Center for Curatorial Leadership in New York revealed the list of its 2018 fellows yesterday. Among this year’s fellows are Whitney Biennial co-curator Mia Locks, the Crystal Bridges Museum of Contemporary Art’s Lauren Haynes, and the Andy Warhol Museum’s Jose Carlos Diaz.
Through the fellowship, the curators will take two weeks of classes at the organization and then work closely with museum directors around America. They will also help the organization develop its Diversity Mentoring Initiative, which advocates for more diversity in art museums.
The full list of 2018 fellows follows below.
- Nora Burnett Abrams, Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver
- Kelly Baum, Cynthia Hazen Polsky and Leon Polsky Curator of Contemporary, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Jose Carlos Diaz, chief curator, the Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Alison Ferris, senior curator, Des Moines Art Center, Des Moines, Iowa
- Rita Gonzalez, curator and acting department head, contemporary art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles
- Jodi Hauptman, senior curator, department of drawings and prints, Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Lauren Haynes, curator, contemporary art, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Ethan Lasser, Theodore E. Stebbins Jr. Curator of American Art and head, Division of European and American Art, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Soyoung Lee, curator, department of Asian art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Victoria Sancho Lobis, Prince Trust Curator, department of prints and drawings, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago
- Mia Locks, Independent curator, New York
- Elizabeth Siegel, Curator of photography, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago