Send Us a Tip
If you have information for a story that you would like to share confidentially with our editorial team, review your options for communication below and choose the best method for your needs.
The tipline is for information with potential impact on the industry or an exclusive involving sensitive documentation or evidence valuable to the story.
We review messages regularly, but cannot promise an individual response.
Do not use the tipline for story pitches, general requests, customer service, subscription help, feedback or press releases, visit our contact page instead.
How to Submit Tips
ARTnews Media offers several ways to securely send information and documents to our journalists. No system is 100% secure, but these tools attempt to create a more secure
environment than that provided by normal communication channels. Remember to review the details and disclaimers for each program to select the best method for your needs.
Physical mail is a secure form of communication. If you wish to stay anonymous, leave out identifying information and use a public mailbox, not a post office.
You may call us directly. Take precautions to avoid using your personal phone to protect your identity.
475 Fifth Avenue, Second Floor
New York, New York 10017
Phone Number: 212.398.1690
Steps you can take to stay anonymous:
- Don’t contact us from your home or work computer or internet connection. Use a public wi-fi network in an area where your screen is not visible to security cameras.
- Use separate accounts from the ones you usually use for email, Google, social media, etc. for contact and browsing activity related to your tip.
- Consider downloading Tor browser and using a secure operating system like Tails.
- Avoid personal communication with us via email, phone or social media. Someone investigating a leak may be able to discover you by tracing your habits.
- Delete everything. Erase documents, web history, messages, proof of contact, do not keep trails of communication or activity anywhere that is normally accessible.
- Don’t tell anyone that you’re a source.